Monday, April 24, 2006

Almost time to Fly and nowhere near Ready!

It's Monday right now and I fly out on Friday. Just another 4 days before it's time to leave and in that time I still have 2 exams to write, an essay to finish, move out of my apartment, pack by stuff for the trip, exchange money, confirm my insurance on my camera, format my laptop, create cover letters and job application packages for about 20 downtown law firms... the list just seems never ending.

I have never been this stressed in my life. Just too much to do in too little time. It's not stress about the trip to Africa, but rather about everything here. I'm sure that once I actually board the plane I will feel a huge weight fall off my shoulders. I've done this in the past, where I would leave a day or two after my lasts exam. But truthfully, it's never been like this. I think I will have to pull 4 all-nighters from now until departure to make sure that everything gets done.

But other than that, I'm really looking forward to this trip. It should be a phenomenal experience. As it turns out, we have an 8 hour stop over in Amsterdam on the day that they have a huge national holiday/part - "Queens Day". In 2001 Jordan and I missed the celebration by 2 days. This year round we'll be there for it. 8 hours should be enough to enjoy the festivities and it works out perfectly since we don't have to worry about finding accommodations in a city that will see anywhere from 1 million - 2 million visitors on that day. Just need to dress in orange and we should blend right in!



Time to get back to the studying.

Kasia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Web Site Counters